Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google’s mobile-first index likely not coming until 2018 at earliest
Jun 13, 2017 by Matt McGee
At SMX Advanced, Gary Illyes says Google will “communicate a lot” before rolling out the mobile-first index.
- Bing Ads piloting in-market & custom audience targeting
Jun 14, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Bing Ads is actively working on building out its audience targeting capabilities.
- How Pinterest has developed computer-vision technology to power visual search for users and brands
Jun 14, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Pinterest has been developing computer vision technology since 2014 and is now applying it to visual search queries and ad targeting.
- 2017 growth hacks: Optimizing organic market share
Jun 14, 2017 by Lori Weiman
Columnist Lori Weiman continues her series on search marketing growth hacks with an installment on improving organic search performance.
- Why ‘good’ isn’t good enough in Google Shopping
Jun 14, 2017 by Andreas Reiffen
Have you experienced high growth from your Google Shopping ads? You’re not the only one. Columnist Andreas Reiffen looks at growth data for product listing ads and explains why even an 89% growth in revenue year over year may not be enough to outpace your competitors.
- Baby Come Back! How to Grow Customer Revenue with People-Based Search Marketing
Jun 13, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
It’s time to think beyond the keyword, and tailor your PPC campaigns based on who is actually viewing or clicking your ad. With a people-based approach to your search marketing, you can improve the cross-channel customer experience, optimize PPC campaign performance, and ultimately re-acquire customers and grow CLTV. Join our paid search experts to understand […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
- Learning SEO through Books, SEO By The Sea
- 12 Important Google Ranking Factors: Data-Driven Study 2017 by SEMrush, SEM Rush
- Google May Smear Desktop Signals Into Mobile First Index, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Rewriting Page Speed Algorithm For Mobile Page Speed, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: If You Were Hit By Fred, Read Our Quality Guidelines, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Build SEO Strategies Effectively (and Make Them Last), Moz
- Hummingbird, Pigeon, Panda, Penguin, and Fred: A Layman’s Guide to Google Algorithm Updates, Portent
- The Complete Guide to Featured Snippets – Insights & Tips, RankRanger
- The Story of TheSun.co.uk shows us why SEO is so important, SISTRIX
SEM / Paid Search
About The Author
Barry Schwartz is Search Engine Land's News Editor and owns RustyBrick, a NY based web consulting firm. He also runs Search Engine Roundtable, a popular search blog on very advanced SEM topics. Barry can be followed on social media at @rustybrick, +BarrySchwartz and Facebook. For more background information on Barry, see his full bio and disclosures, click over here.
The Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors: 2017 edition now released
Google’s mobile-first index likely not coming until 2018 at earliest
Why ‘good’ isn’t good enough in Google Shopping
SMX Advanced keynote: Google explains mobile-first, featured snippets data & more
Channel: IndustrySearchCapOriginal Article